- 2 slices Base Culture 7 Nut and Seed Bread
- 1 can tuna
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted red pepper
- 2 artichoke hearts cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon minced Vidalia onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dairy free almond milk yogurt (or another plain unsweetened paleo yogurt like cashew or coconut)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- A couple dashes hot sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill (plus more for serving)
- 1/3 cup dairy free paleo friendly gouda cheese
SERVING SIZE: Makes 1 serving
Preheat oven to broil on high setting, and place rack about 5 inches from the broiler.
In a small bowl, mix together the tuna, red pepper, artichokes, onion, celery, salt, pepper, dill, yogurt, hot sauce and olive oil until well combined.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon ghee over medium high heat in a sauté pan (make sure the pan in oven safe).
Once sizzling, add two pieces of Base Culture 7 Nut and Seed Bread.
Divide the tuna mixture between the two slices and heat for about 3-4 minutes.
Remove from heat and top with the cheese. Place pan in oven and broil for about 3-4 minutes more until cheese has melted.
Top with more fresh dill.
Serve with fresh tomatoes and some olives.